De Libertate

War...

« Older   Newer »
Loré
view post Posted on 16/6/2004, 10:02

yes, as I said, i think that violence is an human instinct that make us survive.....the war is a wrong use of violence....

Johnny Freak
view post Posted on 16/6/2004, 10:59

CITAZIONE
i suppose war is equal to violence...i dont suppose you can really have a war without violence, though too often there is violence without war (shootings and rapes and that sort of thing)...

bad said the same thing I'd say...
CITAZIONE
yes, as I said, i think that violence is an human instinct that make us survive.....the war is a wrong use of violence....

violence is inside all the men and women....u can't estinguish it..it's impossible...war it's violence as a need to kill someone that haven't done anything against u but must kill u too because his nation told him that he had to kill the ennemies...a very good film to understand theese problems is "Full Metal Jacket-Stanley Kubrik"...it's a bellissimo film

alessandracapulet
view post Posted on 16/6/2004, 16:57

I agree that violence is instinctual, but I don't agree that it is inextinguishable. Maybe I agree that it is inextinguishable, but i think there are many ways to stop it from getting out and permeating society. Plenty of people manage to suppress their inner violence and stop it from getting out. I dont know, maybe im too optimistic/naive/innocent, but...

Johnny Freak
view post Posted on 17/6/2004, 11:54

yes, u can stop it from getting out for stupid reasons but u can't estinguish...it's impossible...i'll show u the proves at camp...it's not possible...

alessandracapulet
view post Posted on 28/6/2004, 01:33

Sorry to change subjects a bit, but have any of you heard of the new documentary from michael moore called farenheit 9/11...? its got a lot of media attention in the US, and i was wondering if it was big in italy too! Im going to see it tomorrow night and im VERY excited!

Johnny Freak
view post Posted on 28/6/2004, 13:43

i heard it but i've never seen it and it doesn't seem to be so big here...i heard it from one of my favourite teachers...that's all..nobody else spoke me about it..

alessandracapulet
view post Posted on 29/6/2004, 21:51

The film was amazing. I think if you were in support of the war in Iraq before going in to seeing the film your mind would be chancged after leaving. However, it doesn't really focus all that much on other nations and their struggles in Iraq...it only focuses on the states. If it comes out in Italy, I strongly reccomend you see it!

Bad Intentioned
view post Posted on 30/6/2004, 17:59

ok!

Johnny Freak
view post Posted on 1/7/2004, 13:40

I will dear!

54 replies since 14/5/2004, 14:24   451 views