Forever With Daniel Radcliffe Forum

Why/why not love you english?

« Older   Newer »
-Miky Radcliffe-
view post Posted on 4/6/2008, 15:21

Hello! ^_^
I asked to create this section for speak English.Many thanks to Danny Fan! :) I love english because is so beautiful for me,and is the language of Dan.I'm not so good to speak english,also if I Have 8 at school and my teacher say who I have an american pronunciation but...I don'want an american pronunciation,I want an english pronunciation because If I'll go to London I need of that.And Do you like english?Why/Why not?Answer please :D

Danny Fan
view post Posted on 5/6/2008, 01:46

Ok, Miky this is a good occasion to learn, don't you think?
Can I correct something? You have to forgive me, I can't help it :P
CITAZIONE
for speak English

TO speak English :) that's an infinite, need the preposition TO :P

CITAZIONE
is the language of Dan

Better to use the genitive: Dan's language. It's more fluid, isn't it? :)

CITAZIONE
also if I Have 8 at school

ALSO is used only to add something, it means ANCHE in Italian. In this case you need to use EVEN IF or EVEN THOUGH, ANCHE SE, in Italian.

CITAZIONE
my teacher say who I have

my teacher sayS (3rd person) THAT I have... WHO is used for something referred to a person not an action.

CITAZIONE
I need of that

I need IT. :)

You're not so bad, Miky, and the way you're able to make some king of written sppech shows your good abilities. You will learn what you miss only with time and passion for the language. :) I love English from the beginning I start to study it in my secondary school. I was so thrilled to start to learn it, and I had a very very severe teacher, who forced us to learn only British English. Anyway... it's not necessary to thank me for this section, that's funny, it's a pleasure. :)
So, I don't know the reason why I love English, I loved it befeore knowing Daniel, so, who knows! :boh: It's easy, immediate, I love the sounds, that's all.
By the way, if you want a British pronunciation, you need to listen and listen again, watch movies in English, Harry Potter is very useful for that, listen to Dan (that's always a grat pleasure, the guy has a loving sensual and strong voice, and also very clear ;)), so listen to him and learn the sounds. That's all you can do. :)

-Miky Radcliffe-
view post Posted on 5/6/2008, 14:21

Ok,Danny! :) Thank you so much for the corrections...I know,i'm not so good,but english is my passion.I really hope I'll learn from my error...so,when I'll go to London (I hope) I will meet Dan without error.Even if I hope who is will learn me :)

I hope there aren't error...but,Danny Fan,say me always if there are error please ;) Thank you so much! :)

CITAZIONE
for speak English

CITAZIONE
TO speak English :) that's an infinite, need the preposition TO :P

I know,but in that moment i was confused *i'm absent-minded* :P

Edited by -Miky Radcliffe- - 7/6/2008, 17:51

-Miky Radcliffe-
view post Posted on 5/6/2008, 20:04

CITAZIONE (Danny Fan @ 5/6/2008, 02:46)
By the way, if you want a British pronunciation, you need to listen and listen again, watch movies in English, Harry Potter is very useful for that, listen to Dan (that's always a grat pleasure, the guy has a loving sensual and strong voice, and also very clear ;)), so listen to him and learn the sounds. That's all you can do. :)

Emh...I saw Harry Potter and the order of phoenix a few twice in english,but actually I see MTV and there are an american programs ("Room Raiders" is one of those) and now I have an american pronunciation and,for me,it is a problem :unsure: I knowed who Dan love America,and now i'm undecided if to speak english or to speak american...Danny Fan,in your opinion,which one of those can I speak? XOX :grazie: Thank you so much!

Edited by -Miky Radcliffe- - 7/6/2008, 17:52

Danny Fan
view post Posted on 9/6/2008, 02:45

CITAZIONE
but,Danny Fan,say me always if there are error please

Ok :) First of all, error is a computer or sort of mathematic word. The right word is in this case, MISTAKE. ^_^

CITAZIONE
Thank you so much for the corrections...

for YOUR corrections is better :) use the possessive adjectives everytime you can :)

CITAZIONE
I really hope I'll learn from my error..

Same thing, MISTAKES :)

CITAZIONE
Even if I hope who is will learn me

There's no need to use WHO or THAT everytime like in Italian. In English we can ignore them. So, it's better to say "Even if I hope he will...." etc, without who or that. In this case anyway the word was that, because you mean an action THAT is made, not a person WHO is something... :) Then, the verb is TEACH; you hope Dan will or can teach you. You learn, he teaches, is it ok? ;)

CITAZIONE
I saw Harry Potter and the order of phoenix a few twice in english

Here I didn't understand: Have you seen it a few times or twice? :unsure:

CITAZIONE
I see MTV and there are an american programs

XD Relax yourself, deep breath... there are AN American programs, what's wrong with this? :lol: There are many American programs, so AN is not useful in this sentence. :)

CITAZIONE
"Room Raiders" is one of those

I know it, it's funny XD

CITAZIONE
now I have an american pronunciation and,for me,it is a problem

Start to understand where's the difference. If you catch the differences you can choose the kind of pronunciation you want to use. I know, it's not an immediate thing, it needs some time, but I start this way, preferring cAn and not cHEn, bEfo' and not bIfoR... but you can concentrate now on learning the grammar and don't worry about your pronunciation, that's the last thing. :)

CITAZIONE
I knowed

oh my God XD to know is an irregular verb = know knew known, so I KNEW is the simple past. My teacher made us study them by heart when I was in my high school :P

CITAZIONE
I knowed who Dan

Again WHO can be taken (and in this case is THAT, because is referred to a A THING you knew). I knew Dan... etc.

CITAZIONE
Dan love America

Dan loveS America, 3rd person.

CITAZIONE
i'm undecided

:huh: Undecided? :libro: I believe this word doesn't exist really... no, my mistake it exists, correct :lol: it is IRRESOLUTO, not the same thing as INDECISO (irresoluto is a person who's not a brave character, who's afraid in taking decisions, but it's a minimal thing). Anyway my dictionary says it's better to use indecisive.

CITAZIONE
if to speak

IF and TO side by side is not correct. Besides, I'm quite sure it's I'M INDECISIVE ABOUT SPEAK BRITISH OR AMERICAN ENGLISH. When you make a comparation like this it' easier to put about and the two things :P

CITAZIONE
Danny Fan,in your opinion,which one of those can I speak?

Well, I don't know. I can say I prefer British. American English is too large in terms of sounds for my taste. I find British is more elegant, deep, calm, more like my own personality, that's why I prefer it. But you can choose what you like the most. ^_^

CITAZIONE
Thank you so much!

Thank you too, and sorry for all this boring grammatical correction, I'm a bit pernickety :ops:

-Miky Radcliffe-
view post Posted on 9/6/2008, 10:57

I'm a disaster XD :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha:

image image

Danny Fan
view post Posted on 9/6/2008, 14:38

No, you're not definitely ^_^

-Miky Radcliffe-
view post Posted on 9/6/2008, 18:24

Ok,I understood I'm very bad... image XD

°Sid°Radcliffe°
view post Posted on 23/7/2008, 08:49

Maybe in this sentence there's a mistake...maybe

CITAZIONE
(that's always a grat pleasure

Danny u should use GREAT not grat...xd I kow i'm a professor imagea great professor...ahah image

mmm

I don't know really why i love British English...mmm...mmm...I knew it since i was 4, but at school, at primary school i wasn't really good, actually I hated it (i don't knw if it is correct!), but know i am really really concern with it! but since when I read the first harry potter i became a bit good than before in english....

I HOPE IT'S ALL CORRECT...

Edited by °Sid°Radcliffe° - 23/7/2008, 12:48

-Miky Radcliffe-
view post Posted on 23/7/2008, 11:36

Yes,it's correct....I think XD

°Sid°Radcliffe°
view post Posted on 23/7/2008, 11:50

xdxd

[*MeMy BiMbA iNnAmOrAtA*]
view post Posted on 30/7/2008, 21:04

ooooh God this section is GREAT!
i LOVE english! Actually, I started to speak it because my dream was (and IS..XD) to meet Dan..so..i thought.."Dan speaks english! I really need to learn english!!" ..
So...i fell in love with this language xD
I know..I don't speak a perfect English..but...i'm sure that a difficult language like english need a lot of time for be perfectly leart. ^^ (<- okok, in this sentence you will find a lot of mistakes...i know xD but i can't find another way to say it xD)
Anyway...I had to learn this language in a PERFECT way, beacause i will live in London...!! I mean...I'D LIKE to live in London..! xD
But....impossible is nothing!
Kissssssssss!

11 replies since 4/6/2008, 15:21   261 views